bible based marriages have a list of the top 9 marriage mistakes.
- Refusing sex when requested is a sin: “The husband must fulfill his duty to his wife, and likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does; and likewise also the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does.” 1 Corinthians 7:3-4
- Creating a dependency link between the two roles of husbands loving their wives and of wives submitting to their husbands.
- Husbands failing to unconditionally love and honour their wives, even when they rebelliously refuse to submit.
- Wives failing to unconditionally submit to their husbands, even when they are treated badly.
- Limiting the extent of submission to “just the big stuff” instead of 100% of the smallest judgement areas. The wife may be the manager of the house, but the husband is the manager of the wife.
- Going to bed without resolving a problem. Harboring a grudge or anger from the previous day.
- Thinking that professional, certified marriage councilors or Ph D level psychiatrists will help at all.
- Thinking that a spouse may separate or divorce without sin.
- Wives who address their husbands above a “quiet, respectful, submissive, whisper“, at any time.
#6 strikes me as sound advice. all of us have habits that tend to annoy our partners from time to time. I can think of better things to argue about than using too much toilet paper
from the wonderful Sid in the City
but submission doesn’t come easy to some of us. sometimes a successful marriage needs a little pharmaceutical help
and sometimes there’s just no other way around it. a husband may have to resort to discipline to really show his wife who her manager is
I don’t think nursemyra will be contemplating marriage any time in the future. according to that list I’d be making several mistakes. plus I don’t know how to whisper……